Monday, August 31, 2009

Back in Cairo

I had a wonderful time visiting with family and friends over the past month plus had several opportunities to share updates on my mission service with different congregation networks. Their enthusiasm, support, and continued prayers were important to refuel me for this second year.
I would like to thank all of you who provided items for my appreciation bag request. The response was overwhelming and once again affirms your huge hearts for helping others in need.
The Lord is good; I will be able to provide appreciation gift bags to the staff multiple times through out this coming year.
Big on my desires during time in the USA was to see rain. The Lord is good; I got many days of rain. I spent the last of my time in Maine and for a few days thought I may have prayed too hard for rain.......but Hurricane Bill went another direction and rain was all I ended up with.
The temperature in the USA was absolutely marvelous and I had forgotten how nice it is to wear shorts and tank tops, even if just for a month. The Lord is good; Egypt weather has cooled off a little and the temperatures are only 90-95 F (32-35 C) now.
Many friendships were cut short as different people's service came to an end this spring and summer and I have been worried that I will be without companionship this second year. The Lord is good; the church pews are full of new arrivals and an English speaking couple have moved into my apartment building.
My R&R in the states has come to an end, I am back in Cairo, and will resume my service at the hospital tomorrow. The Lord is good; my time away has renewed my spirit and I look forward to another year.
The Lord's Peace to you all-
Denise

No comments: